Have you heard? Ascension Technologies, one of the largest healthcare information technology services in the country, is making a shift in their IT space! Join the IT revolution with us as we turn our attention from technology that supports our national health system to developing, deploying, and driving technology that will change the face of healthcare. If you enjoy creating something new, dreaming big, and have a passion for your expertise we encourage you to apply!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. We believe you should be a tech founder not a fixer – that’s how we do tech at Ascension technologies.
Where You Will Work
Flourish at Cortex; the region’s largest innovation campus. Located in the heart of St. Louis, Cortex is a nationally recognized innovation hub that supports all technology sectors. As such, Ascension joins this community to help you thrive. Enjoy great food, gourmet coffee, gym, and a variety of workspaces and recreational activities to spark your creativity. With such a strong network of tech professionals in the area, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to make connections and exchange ideas!
What You Will Do
- As a Mobile Android Developer with Ascension Technologies, you will have the opportunity to contribute to development, testing & deployment of Android Mobile Applications in healthcare, across a variety of devices, to deliver seamless experience for users. exploration and collaboration, you will engage in a rewarding career that’s driven by you and powered by Ascension. Our goal in this transformation is to hire people who are great at something. Give them new problems to work on. Trust them to be outstanding.
- Shape and implement technology and business solutions
- Use Agile engineering practices and various software development technologies to rapidly develop creative, high quality and efficient solutions that enhance Ascension’s technology stack
- Deliver product visualization based on input from Design Lead and Product Manager
- Collaborate with other team members to translate business requirements into user stories
- Write code and test scripts, and continuously deliver new / improved product functionality in an agile approach.
- Implement capabilities for automated test & upgrades
- Create appropriate documentation as defined by the agile approach
- Build Ascension’s brand in the technology community
- Deep knowledge of Java or Kotlin and Android SDK.
- Knowledge of consuming variety of RESTful APIs, SAML/OAuth/OIDC
- Knowledge of testing frameworks such as JUnit and Espresso.
- Knowledge of server side API development is a plus.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience publishing mobile app in Google PlayStore.
- Experience in agile development process, pair programming, continuous integration and deployment
- Experience leveraging various design patterns, test-driven development, and automated testing frameworks
- Experience using Git and Jenkins
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Click here to apply