As of now, we are looking for a Backend Engineer (m/w/d) for our Payment Team.
Our Vision: SHAPING THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY PAYMENT!
Do you want to be part of something big and you like working with great people?
At the Payment team in FREE NOW we are responsible to create mission-critical software for all of our products in more than 100 European cities. We focus on delivering a secure, reliable and smooth payment experience to our passengers and drivers. Building new creative ways to pay and working closely with our team of fraud analysts to create innovative ways to protect our customers and prevent fraudulent behavior is part of our day to day job.
The exciting tasks you’re working on:
- Making payments convenient and frictionless
- Optimize existing and creating new payment flows to fit the needs of our local markets
- Guarantee further growth and financial integrity by improving our revenue assurance solutions to prevent fraud
- Connect the wallets of our passengers with FREE NOW - integrate localized payment options from different payment service providers
- Following regulations and building secure and compliant solutions
- Building large-scale systems
- From the idea to the design, implementation and A/B testing of new payments solutions tailored to our growing business needs
- Creating guidelines, principles and following best practices, to write reliable and trustworthy code
- Rethink existing use-cases and build upon them to improve their performance and user experience
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Own the Feature, Own the Code – feel responsible for what you create. This starts with bringing in your own feature ideas, goes over development, testing and ends in deploying your code and monitoring the feature
- Design and develop systems based on product requirements or refactorings
- Collaborate with your team members in an agile environment, contribute to and live our agile ceremonies
- Be accountable for all topics above, but work together with the team on them
- Stay on top of the latest technology trends, apply the best practices to our daily work
Qualifications you should bring:
- Passionate about Java or Kotlin
- Familiar with the quirks of Spring(Boot) or similar frameworks
- Experienced (or eager to learn) about distributed systems
- Keen about principles and practices of scalable web applications, such as RESTful API’s, dealing with transactions and resiliency
- Experience in the fin-tech sector and/or in building highly available payment systems
- High level of creativity, there’s all the freedom to think outside the box
Click here to apply