At Glovo we are constantly looking for talented and passionate engineers to join the team in our Barcelona office.
You are someone who loves working in a high-paced startup environment. You enjoy tackling different problems and take pride in delivering thought-through, well designed, flexible and easy to use solutions. You work well with other top-level engineers and value constructive feedback that helps you grow as a professional. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty with a platform or technology that you don’t know and see any problem as an opportunity for improvement.
The Payments and Fraud team is responsible for assuring that users can pay on the Glovo platform using their preferred payment method while ensuring that the platform remains free from bad actors trying to abuse it.
The team is building the payments platform as well as real-time systems to combat all types of fraud and security threats, ranging from stolen credit cards to account takeover to incentive abuse. The team leverages machine learning and works closely with industry partners to build services that make Glovo one of the most accessible and safest on-demand platforms around.
- Work on one of the most challenging problems within the Payments and Fraud space
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
- Make our technology and our team scale as the business grows
- Own your deliverables from start to finish
- Deliver high-quality solutions
- Participate in the team’s life and contribute to decision-making
- Mentor and empower other developers around you
- Computer Science or similar degree
- 3+ years of relevant full-time experience
- Strong Kotlin skills
- Deep knowledge of Android SDK
- Understanding of reactive programming (RxJava)
- Security first mindset
- Experience working with sensitive data on the client (personal information, credit card numbers, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming and software architecture
- Ability to write good unit tests is a must
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Vivid interest in at least one area outside of coding (architecture, algorithms, optimization, automation, scalability, etc.)
- Attention to details
- Business level English
- Experience with designing SDKs
- Experience with iOS (Swift)
- Participation in open source projects
- A ticket to the Moon on the fastest rocket – an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
- Offices based in trendy Poblenou neighborhood, 10 min away from the beach
- Generous equity pack for all employees
- Access to Pluralsight – online learning and upskilling platform
- Social benefits such as fresh fruits every day, free Tuesday lunches from our yummy partners, beers on Fridays, bi-monthly culture days, the best coffee machine in the world, ...
- An international and talented team, used to work in a fast paced and vibrant environment
- Gas: Fear mediocrity over mistakes. Think big, work hard, be proactive, take smart leaps and lead the way.
- Good vibes: Build a team of people that radiates positive energy. No assholes allowed: always be upfront, honest and kind. The road we chose is very bumpy. Stay optimistic no matter what.
- Everyone Wins: Don’t settle for growth alone. Build a sustainable Glovo that benefits everyone. Consider how every decision makes for the most positive impact possible in the long-term.
- Stay Humble: Everybody has to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We invest smartly and keep a close eye on our costs.
- Glownership: Act as one company – one team. Pro-Glovo, not pro-department. Think beyond your role, help before you’re asked. Learn Glovo A to Z. Figure stuff out on your own. Make sure your shit works!
- Raise the bar: You're curious and capable – that's why you're at Glovo. You care deeply about improving your talents and look for opportunities to do so. Then put everything to work to reach your full potential.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
Click here to apply