Play Sports Network - the technology company behind Global Cycle Network, Global Mountain Bike Network, Global Triathlon Network - is hiring Android Developers at all levels.
** We can support your cross training from personal or hybrid app projects, to become an Android Developer or a Full Stack Developer **
We're releasing exciting new apps this summer - social media for cyclists - anticipated to be adopted by millions of people who love to follow and enjoy cycling globally.
We offer progression for a practiced Android Developer on our newly formed apps team, delivering engaging experiences and utilising our new capabilities in data. We can build upon your interests around the architectural aspects of Android, the user-facing elements - or both - as you wish.
Optionally you may also help us around technology exploration, tooling, app architecture, coding standards, mentoring, and integration with our wider stack - just let us know what new skills you wish to grow.
You'll get to use the most modern practices and the latest components from Google. You'll be given time to do the right thing, in the right way, supported within the right culture. We'll encourage you to take regular learning days, and you can attend or talk at conferences and meetups, and to contribute relevant upstream to projects, if you wish.
We're always open to new things and you can influence where we go and how we get there. At all times you'll have a voice and a lot of freedom in design, technology choice and influence over the roadmap.
Example early features to help deliver:
- Live feeds of sports event data and content
- Chat groups
- Content for premium subscribers
- Recommendation engine driven experiences
- Informative and knowledgeable chat bots
- Intuitive display of rich data
- Localisation, supporting six languages on launch and more to be added quickly
- < your community-driven content idea here >
For a Senior role, we're looking for (or a subset of this for cross training):
- Someone with solid skills building well-implemented native Android apps
- Up to date with Kotlin, Android SDK, the latest frameworks and APIs
- Strong familiarity with libraries such as Dagger, Retrofit and Gson
- Strong familiarity with Android Studio and/or Gradle
- Good understanding of unit and automated testing
- Able to help define RESTful web service APIs
- Someone considering Android Developer jobs in Bath - or commutable from Bristol - such as: Android Developer | Android Software Engineer | Kotlin Developer | Native App Developer | Mobile App Developer etc.
You may optionally bring - or like to gain - skills exploring any of:
- Google Firebase
- Augmented reality
- Machine learning
- iOS app development
Current ecosystem - we'll welcome your influence:
Kotlin | Android Architecture Components e.g. Room and LiveData | MVVM architecture | RxJava | Firebase | Agile | Google Cloud Platform | AndroidX | JUnit | testing frameworks | CI/CD | Jira | Slack
Salary and benefits:
- £45,000 - £65,000+ (GBP) joining salary - as a Senior - we're keeping an open mind
- Discretionary relocation assistance
- Ongoing professional development e.g. time out for conferences, support for training/certifications
Flexible working practices - including partially remote working - tell us what you need | recently refurbished city centre office | MacBook Pro and dual monitors | generous holidays | company pension scheme | good coffee machine | bike parking | really good showers | free fruit and jelly sweets | relaxed office environment
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused on cycling and tri-sports. Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views from audiences across its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. Headquartered in Bath with 150 employees and growing fast, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work with some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world. PSG recently secured further investment from Discovery Inc, the global media group behind brands including the Discovery Channel and Eurosport. This investment, which resulted in Discovery taking a controlling stake in PSG, will fund the continued development of the Group.
Location: central Bath - 15 minutes walk from Bath Spa station - or partially remote
Timing: you may join us right away, or as late as September - please engage now for firm commitment
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Andrew at techfolk to find out more:
0117 318 2447 | hello[at]techfolk.co.uk | [at]we_are_techfolk
RECRUITERS: Play Sports Network has selected techfolk as our exclusive recruitment partner for this position and cold calling and speculative applications are not welcomed.