eBay Kleinanzeigen is one of the most-visited sites in Germany and are still growing at an amazing speed. On our platform we have around 30 million items for sale and with more than 30 million unique users per month we reach ~50% of the German internet population. Our customers use our platform mostly on their mobile devices creating ~40.000 requests per second on our backend systems at peak times. Our core tech-stack is based on Java/Spring and MySQL/Cassandra/ElasticSearch/Kafka. We aim for a high velocity on rollouts, which implies automation, early integration and continuous process improvement. Right now we are moving towards a decoupled and flexible architecture. Our target infrastructure is built around Docker, OpenStack and Kubernetes. Our Tech Radars: Backend, Frontend.
Under this link you can find our culture values: https://themen.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/ueber-uns/ebay-kleinanzeigen-kultur
To increase our highly skilled and motivated team we are hiring a Senior Software Engineer (f/m/d)
- Create the technology future of online classifieds in a scalable, clean way
- Improve our applications and APIs to become better each day
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by improving build and test systems
- Be an interface between Product Management, Design, Business and Customers
- Drive your own ideas for code and process improvement and achieve the next level together with the team
- Be involved in the whole development lifecycle from architecture to QA and deployment
- Passion for beautiful, test-driven code and an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- Excellent programming skills in Java and the Spring Framework
- Thorough know-how in object-oriented design
- Get up to speed with new systems and concepts easily
- Believer in teamwork and a DevOps mindset
- Experience with Continuous Delivery
- Know-how in manual testing and test automation (e.g. JUnit, Selenium, REST-assured)
- Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, MySQL)
- Ability to coach others in a field of expertise
- Ideally experience with search platforms (e.g. ElasticSearch)
- A phenomenal atmosphere across teams and a unique company culture based on our strong values of team centricity, customer focus, agility and diversity & inclusion.
- A competitive salary and additional benefits (e.g. company pension scheme etc.)
- A great campus, with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen, shuttle service from S-Bahn Wannsee and a lot more.
- Flexibility to make the work fit your life (Home office possibilities, flexible timing)
- A fast-paced working environment with highly skilled teams, where you can learn and grow.
Click here to apply: Apply Now!
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.