We’re looking for an Engineering Director, Mobile to drive the delivery of new features and capabilities of the American Express global membership app via innovative technology tools and practices. We want someone with strong technical skills and creativity. Should enjoy solving tough problems and working with new technologies. You should not be shy about sharing your ideas, and be obsessive about user experience and beautiful code.
You’ll be part of the Mobile Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for American Express customers. Mobile Engineering’s aim is to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before, at, or after the time of purchase. Your primary responsibilities will be to lead a team of engineers developing mobile applications that will be used by tens of millions of American Express cardholders around the world. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies, and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment with the stability of working for a Fortune 100 company. This leader will encompass a unique blend of strong leadership and an in-depth engineering skillset especially with modern application development technologies.
• Responsible for the people management of a co-located engineering team
• Drive innovation and manage product development teams within a fast-paced agile environment
• Cultivate an environment of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
• Recruit technology professionals with business and industry experience, and develop, reward and energize a competent, effective team within the technology organization.
• Manage and/or lead software development teams, obtaining necessary resources, acting as an escalation point and removing impediments to achieve goals and objectives
• Engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps
• Collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders within business and technology teams to drive change required to execute product roadmaps
• Coach, guide and promote creation of high quality, clearly documented, and compliant deliverables across engineering teams.
• Enable integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product managers, technical project managers, architects, engineers, and quality assurance
• Collaborate within and across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product releases
• Experience managing software engineering teams designing and building software products in a fast-paced, complex and dynamic software development environment
• Extensive hands-on experience building and managing the development of complex, large scale applications and products that require a deep understanding of application logic and dependencies
• Experience attracting, hiring retaining and leading top engineering talent
• Prior experience building out consumer-facing platforms for the web with high performance and high scalability
• Experience with Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development methodologies is required
• University Degree in computer science, or engineering-related field required
• Experience in mobile iOS and Android app development
• Proficiency in Swift and/or Kotlin
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.