Context Labs is seeking a Principal Backend Engineer to help drive forward our product initiatives with our Immutably™ Platform and analytics spaces. Working as an integral leader within the development team, the engineer will head all aspects of developing our platform services, APIs, and product capabilities; as well as provide thought leadership, upskilling of less senior engineers, and taking part in defining strategic linkages across the company’s products. This role will report to the VP, Engineering.
· Lead the platform services engineering team as a technical authority
· Develop and maintain APIs and services for use within the Immutably™ Platform
· Collaborate with other development teams and the product owner to define and estimate business requirements and then translate these into specific software tasks
· Hands-on software development in various projects and (minimally JVM) languages.
· Provide exemplary code, structure, design, etc. for the platform services team to use as guidelines
· Document designs, architecture, code
· Conduct code reviews
· Head technical talks on a variety of issues
· Design and implement performant, scalable, and maintainable solutions
· Collaborate as a member of an agile team to get products developed and completed with best-in-class software development
· Coach and mentor members of your team through the variety of interpersonal, technological, and methodological challenges they face day-today
· Coordinate a distributed team across multiple time zones
Skills and Qualifications
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
We are looking for:
· 10+ years of experience in full-stack development
· Great communication skills
· End-to-end understanding of modern application architectures
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· Big picture orientation with strong attention to detail
· Comfort in dealing with highly abstract concepts and complex architectures is critical for this particular role
· Experience with object-oriented development
· Proficiency in unit and functional testing
· Experience with RESTful API development and integration
· Experience with Java frameworks such as Spring/DropWizard/etc.
· Experience with Docker based microservice architectures
· Experience with MySQL, PostgresSQL or equivalent RDBMS
· Experience with source repositories (git/Bitbucket)
Additional preferred requirements:
· Experience with functional programming
· Experience with Kotlin/alternate JVM languages
Context Labs embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our products will be. Context Labs will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please contact Erica Mackoff at [email protected]
Important COVID-19 Guidance:
Per Context Labs’ policy all employees who wish to work in-office or to visit one of our offices in-person must be fully vaccinated.
We are a team that is hiring and growing! Learn more about Context Labs here:
www.sphericalanalytics.io (a Context Labs company)
To apply, please submit your job application here.