Here at Crisp, we value the strength in teamwork, and strongly believe that it’s the key to our success. By bringing together bright, motivated creators, wherever they live and work, we are leveraging humanity’s diversity of experience and background in order to understand the challenges facing our food supply, and solve them together. Come join us, and help build the type of business you’d like to be a part of.
We are a socially conscious, distributed team. We give you the opportunity to solve challenges in the global food industry while living where you’re most comfortable and working in areas where you can help foster and grow the community that you are a part of.
We believe in transparency, diversity, merit and are fostering a culture of empowerment, personal impact and career growth. As an engineering manager at Crisp, you’ll lead a team of talented, motivated people as they help the food industry reduce waste by analyzing the data that underlies everything. You’ll be a core part of the cross-functional leadership team that’s shaping the culture and structure of our growing organization, and you’ll get to exercise your strong technical skills as you participate in design and architecture discussions that influence the direction of our products.
Experience with remote developers is a huge plus but not mandatory. Successful applicants will have demonstrated the ability to get things done in startup-like environments, whether that’s in true early stage companies, or as part of a smaller team operating within a large corporation.
Signs of a great candidate for Crisp
- Collaborative. You know that your colleagues’ perspectives will make our customers successful. Similarly, you use your strengths to help us grow together. You propose ways for us to be more engaged and successful with our customers.
- Customer focused. Our customers are at the forefront of your day. You prioritize our customers’ voice to ensure their needs are met.
- Ambitious, curious, and resourceful. You are innately curious, and you aren’t afraid to work hard. You are self driven, you take direction well but are able to be creative to find results on your own when asked. You are driven to succeed because your hard work and results make you proud.
- Disciplined and reliable. We are a distributed company and you enjoy the benefits of working distributed while consistently delivering what you have committed to. When you hit a snag, you communicate and reset expectations early.
- Appreciative of honest feedback. You know that the best way to learn and grow is through constructive feedback delivered kindly. You view feedback given to you as an opportunity to get better and strive to do the same for others.
- Work smarter and harder. You often identify a problem, create a solution and bring it to a state of completion - with others, or even on your own. You find ways of eliminating or automating stuff that is uninteresting or wasteful.
Signs of a great candidate for an Engineering Manager Role
- People first. You never lose sight of the fact that we’re all just people. We all have lives, families, and friends outside of work. And when we’re working, yes, we’re doing it because it’s our job. But we’re also doing it because we want to accomplish something, and we can do more together than we can apart.
- Growth oriented. You believe that the best measure of success for yourself, and your teammates, is whether you’re doing better today than you were yesterday, and you love helping others along that path.
- Action oriented iterator. Planning is important, but not as important as delivering. A good enough solution at the end of the sprint is better than a great solution that never ships. At the same time, good enough is never good enough. You constantly iterate, and improve, approaching greatness one deliverable at a time.
- Technical leader. You may no longer be writing code every day, but you love the beauty inherent in well architected systems, and can work with others to make sure they’re growing a system to be proud of.
- Ego free. Sometimes your ideas will win the day, sometimes they won’t, and sometimes they’ll be why we’re on a call explaining an outage to a customer. The important thing is that we identify what’s working, fix what isn’t, and ultimately find success.
We are building a team of product people with a breadth of combined experiences so that we can collaboratively enable our customers to be successful. There are no hard requirements on specific background, experience or geographical location. Instead we’re looking for individuals that are capable, reliable, and hoping to grow along with us. Do you have strengths you can share? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Click here to apply