Want to be a hero? - Join the #1 Global Leader in online food ordering and delivery!
We are looking for a Mid-Level/Senior Android Engineer (f/m/d) to join our Consumer Tech Shop team to create an easy and personalised ordering experience for our customers. If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Build reusable Android components/SDKs for interfacing with the multiple entities and Apps in our platforms.
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD pipeline and automation tools
- Write and maintain UI Tests and frameworks and optimize performance for low-end devices.
- Develop new features for our Android products.
- Build custom Android UI widgets.
- Solve technical and behavioural challenges, prioritized based on customer impact.
- Collaborate with back end developers, designers, product owners to constantly improve customer experience within our apps.
- Mentor junior developers.
Your heroic skills:
- Hands-on experience with Kotlin.
- Hands-on experience writing high quality unit and integration tests.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
- Experience with multithreaded programming and proper state management.
- Experience with resource optimization like Data-usage, Battery consumption etc.
- Full understanding of the Android OS internals.
- Experience with CI/CD and Automation tools as well as Google Play release and distribution process.
- Knowledge of performance tools and optimisation techniques (e.g. Systrace).
- Fully comfortable working in English, both in writing and spoken.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with A/B testing tools.
- Experience building Android SDKs.
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs.
- Experience with UI-Tests using Espresso.
- Open-source contributions.
- Contributions on knowledge exchange websites like StackOverflow.
- Experience with Bitrise and Firebase
Why Delivery Hero?
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups, in our active guilds and during our Developer Exchange Program.
- Join company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- English is our working language, and our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe, working in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Daily fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings.
- Enjoy massages, get your haircut in the office, join our free yoga classes or take a timeout in our nap room.
- Get subsidized lunch, USC and BVG.
Delivery Hero Tech is playing an exceptional role in the large growth of our company. Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions which cover the full customer experience - starting with a great online search experience and ending with a real-time delivery at your doorstep.
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become the world's largest food-ordering network and we’re now innovating and creating new verticals such as groceries, pharmacies, flowers and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and we are exclusively looking for the best people to join us on our mission to ‘always deliver an amazing experience.’ If you’re an enthusiastic problem solver and hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and multicultural workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Have we caught your attention? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values, please send us your CV.
Click here to apply!